- Raw Yeast dough: Dogs can have a tiny piece of bread, but the raw dough is a strict No. Natural yeast can cause gastrointestinal problems in the body, which may result in bloat. 강아지 보험 펫키지
- Fatty food: Avoid sweet and fatty food from your dog’s diet if you try to maintain their weight. Fatty food items may also lead to pancreatic diseases.
Exercise and Physical Activity
Every dog needs exercise, no matter what age, breed, and size. Regular exercise benefits a dog in many ways, and it has been proved that a tired dog is calmer and well-behaved than a lazy dog. Like humans, training for dogs is equally important for peace of mind, body, and soul.
As dog owners, it’s our responsibility to make sure that our dogs have a sufficient amount of exercise daily. Below are some significant reasons to keep your dog moving every day.
- Premature aging: Getting the proper amount of exercise can increase the lifespan of a dog. When dogs reach a certain age, the lean muscle mass disappears, and the risk of diseases increases. Regular exercise and physical activity help to maintain skeletal muscle strength and integrity. It’s essential for older dogs to stay active but remember that their speedy puppy days are over. Please consult your vet to know about the amount of exercise they need to keep them physically fit and mentally stimulated.
- Prevents Anxiety: Most dogs suffer from separation anxiety if they are left alone for a long time or when they get bored. Exercise decreases stress, so pet parents who ensure that their pets get the right amount of activity are less likely to come home to a chewed-up couch. Lack of exercise also gives rise to dog behavior problems, and they tend to get destructive and aggressive.
- Strong bones: Regular exercise helps to maintain strong bones in a dog. Exercising skeletal muscle directly affects bone mass and helps to keep bone density. Muscle mass is similar to an organ, so it should not be used as a reservoir for immune system fuels. Regular exercise is also important to avoid joint diseases like Arthritis. Exercise keeps the joints active and maintains the overall health of a dog. You must consult a vet for particular activity if your dog has Arthritis.
- Prevents and Curbs Obesity: Obesity in dogs can increase the risk of diabetes, cancer, depression, dementia, chronic inflammation, and more in dogs. Lack of exercise is one of the primary reasons for obesity in dogs, and also, exercise is the only way out to curb the disease in dogs. If your dog is overweight, consult your vet and increase the amount of daily exercise to get a happy and healthy pet. 강아지 보험비교
- Mental health: Mental health is not discussed very often, but your dog needs to stay mentally stimulated, and exercise works wonders for a dog’s mental health. After exercise, dogs receive endorphin (a chemical released by the body) to reduce stress and feel naturally happy. If your dog is mentally healthy, it does not engage in behavior problems like digging and barking.
- Strengthens bond: When you take your pet for exercise, you both develop a strong bond. When you spend time with each other, you naturally feel inclined towards each other. Whether you are doing any activity like walking, running, or swimming, your pet builds trust in you, which is unbreakable.
How Much Exercise Does Your Dog Need?
Every dog needs exercise to stay healthy, happy, and have a long life. Some need more, and some need less, depending upon their age, size, and breed. Consult your vet to follow a few standard guidelines to meet the energy requirements of your dog.
- Exercise requirements of a puppy
Puppies get “zoomies” several times a day. Those who do not know what “zoomies” are the explosion of energy in puppies who run around the house quickly. This happens if their energy requirements are not fulfilled, and there is additional energy they need to exert.